This technical instruction aims to serve as a general guide for the assembly, use, and maintenance of AROS exhaust systems by the customer.
Note: AROS exhaust systems must be exclusively installed by experienced and qualified personnel. AROS will not be held responsible for any damages or personal injuries (including direct, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting from improper installation or use/maintenance not in accordance with the provided instructions.
For any questions regarding the installation and/or correct usage of AROS exhaust systems, please contact AROS through the official website at the following address: https://www.arosmarmitte.it/ – CONTACT section.
SAFETY WARNINGS DURING INSTALLATION:
– The vehicle ignition must be turned off and placed in the OFF position throughout the entire disassembly and assembly procedure, as well as during any other work carried out on the exhaust system.
– Before disassembling the original exhaust system, immobilize the vehicle and remove the ignition key to prevent electronic errors.
– For proper disassembly and assembly of the exhaust system, it is recommended to use an approved and tested lifting device (e.g., a lifting bridge).
– The exhaust system can become extremely hot during and after use. Wait for the exhaust and engine to cool down before touching them and starting the installation.
WARNING: Exercise caution to avoid injury or damage to any part of the vehicle during the disassembly and/or assembly of the exhaust systems.
REMOVAL OF THE ORIGINAL EXHAUST SYSTEM:
The procedure for removing the original exhaust system may vary depending on the model. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the existing exhaust system for its uninstallation.
If, for any reason, a different approach is chosen, please be aware that any information provided in this guide should be considered as general information provided for convenience.
AROS assumes no responsibility or commitment regarding the uninstallation of the existing exhaust system and does not provide any warranty for that exhaust system or the vehicle, or for the possibility of future maintenance.
INSTALLATION OF THE AROS EXHAUST SYSTEM:
Use suitable safety equipment to minimize the risk of accidental damage:
- Eye protection;
- Mechanics gloves.
Use professional tools appropriate for the assembly and disassembly of exhaust systems:
- Hex and torx keys of various sizes (e.g., adjustable torque wrench);
- Allen and torx wrenches of various sizes;
- Pliers/levers for the removal of rubber muffler supports;
- Coil spring puller.
To prevent seizing, wear, and corrosion on screws, bolts, couplings, and pins, it is recommended to use high-temperature resistant lubricating products such as:
- Aluminum anti-seize lubricant (maximum temperature 980°C);
- Ceramic paste (synthetic paste without metals, neutral, resistant up to 1400°C).
WARNING: Always follow the safety instructions of the chosen product/tool.
Note: This is an indicative list of tools potentially useful for the assembly of AROS exhaust systems; other tools may still be necessary.
- STAINLESS STEEL PARTS: Clean stainless steel components with a soft cloth sprayed with contact cleaner, then rub with a soft, dry cloth.
- CARBON FIBER PARTS: Clean carbon fiber exhaust components with a soft, dry cloth.
- TITANIUM PARTS: Clean titanium exhaust components with a multipurpose lubricant spray (WD-40® or equivalent).
Due to high temperatures, it is normal to observe a change in the colour of the exhaust system. Periodically check that all bolts and springs are adequately tightened.
IT IS NORMAL FOR WHITE SMOKE TO COME OUT OF THE MUFFLER DURING INITIAL OPERATION.
WARNING: NEVER STAND BEHIND THE MUFFLER.